Monday, March 30, 2009

What is it about going to the dentist that seems so dreadful?!


So I have always thought Tyson was a pretty tough guy...and generally he is! However, I cleaned his teeth today and saw a whole other side of him! He would begin to moan before I could even get the instruments in his mouth!
It has been a goal of mine to change the way people view going to the dental office. I've always tried to make it the best experience possible, but I'm afraid this veiw of going to the dentist is going to be a hard one to crack! Of course no one likes going to the dentist, and for whatever reason people seem to dread having their teeth cleaned by the hygienist! The even thought of going to the dentist makes many people cringe! I just don't understand it... I just love what I do and I don't think me or anyone else on the dental team is too scarey! Most of the offices I've been in are actually quite nice and the staff are generally very welcoming... Is it the sounds, the smells, the faces covered by masks?! Or possibly it just simply has something to do with being the one in the chair! I think that's it! I love everything about the office... But I'll have to admit, I don't always love being the one in the chair!

Halli also came to see me today! It was her very first time ever going to the dentist and I think we had a pretty good time! She was excited for me to "check her teeth!" She was probably the best two year old ever to have in the chair! In all reality, she was probably better than most of my adult patients! Tyson could definitely take a lesson from this little sweetheart!

2 comments:

Truman & Amy said...

Haha, I know how you feel brandi, Truman was a total woosie when he came in for his cleaning too. I'm just like, give it a rest Truman! haha. There are a ton of dental phobs out there, we'll break 'em Brandi! ;)

love Amy :)

Brittany said...

I pretty much never want to clean Matt's teeth again! He was quite a baby about it :). Must be a husband thing! And I love your Time magazine, it turned out SO cute!