Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dental Hygiene Written National Boards- Check!

Well today was a day that was long dreaded and I'm just glad it's over! Today I took my National Dental Hygiene written test! I've been studying long hours every day for months! I mean I've studied so much my eyes have been having a hard time focusing and I've never had eye problems in my entire life! I've been studying in depth material on dental anatomy, physiology, microbiology, radiology, pathology, pharmacology, community health, case studies, and more! To be honest, I don't think I've studied that much that hard in my entire life! I didn't realize how nervous I was for this test until I couldn't sleep the past two days and when I did finally drift off, I'd wake up to horrible nightmares about not getting there in time to take the test, or not being prepared with the stuff I needed to be allowed in which would result in an automatic fail! I would wake up with my heart beating out of control and in a pure state of panic! The nerves also got to my stomach as I spent many hours curled up in a ball on my couch as my stomach tensed in knots! Once again, all I can say is I'm glad it's over! I won't know how I did for another 4-6 weeks, so the anxiety hasn't completely subsided! It's just nice to know it's out of my hands at this point. I did all a could do and now I must patiently wait for the results. The results that will get me just one step closer to my long awaited career as a dental hygienist! I'm sure Tyson is just as happy as I am about them being over, since all my time lately has been focused on studying! Now I have anesthesia written, anesthesia clinical, and dental hygiene clinical boards to worry about! Graduation is just around the corner! I have to constantly remind myself that this too shall pass and to make the most of what's left of my school days forever! I'm definitely going to miss all the great girls that have made my experience at the Utah College of Dental Hygiene amazing! I know I couldn't have made it this far without them. We are all excited about graduating and getting that dream job as a dental hygienist but the only thing I hate about moving on from one great phase of life to another is all the great people and friendships that often get left behind. So I've decided I'm going to enjoy every bit of my last 15 days as a college student! Wow, only 15 more days....

5 comments:

Truman & Amy said...

Amen Brandi! It's over, and now we can relax!!! It's so sad that we're all moving away, I'm going to miss you!

Love Amy ;)

The King Family said...

Congratulations! Hope the next few weeks fly by and that you passed with flying colors!

Melisa said...

Congrats on completing one big exam! And good luck on the rest. We will say a little prayer for you. I am sure you did great and will continue to do great until it's done.

Kristin said...

I'm so proud of you. You're so brilliant that it makes me sick. I still remember Brittany telling me about how well you did on some test at BYU and how sick it made us because that class was so hard. You're a stud.

Nic and Brit's Familia said...

Wooohooo, one step closer to coming home!!!! We can’t wait! I’m glad that’s over for you, I’m sure you did great and passed with flying colors as they say. We love you and good luck with the next few tests! See you soon!)